Welcome to Durango Dog Ranch – offering dog sled tours in Colorado
Gretchen and Gregg are seasoned guides who have been training and running dogs for over 20 years. Join them for a dog powered exploration of the snowy peaks of Southwest Colorado. The enthusiasm of being whisked along the trail by Siberian and Alaskan huskies is a feeling you will not soon forget.
See the Colorado mountains as very few have ever seen them on picturesque mountain trails. Warmth and safety are of the utmost importance. Hot drinks, fresh snacks, and a camaraderie between human and canine are just some of the highlights. Enjoy the adventure of a lifetime.
Durango Dog Ranch offers high end dog sled tours for all ages. Our season begins mid November until mid April, weather permitting.
- Join us for the adventure of a lifetime in the back-country with a mushing lesson,your own guide, and even be the musher! Our Dog Sled Tours last for approximately 3-4 hours. Tour meets at the trail head, thirty minutes west of Durango and finishes with snacks and a hot drink.Two adults or 400 lbs. on each sled. Advanced reservations and a 50% deposit required.
Tours can be booked by calling Durango Dog Ranch at (970)259-0694. See our Calendar page for availability.
Our Newest Offering/Tours at Durango Mountain Resort!
- The Old Flume Trail trip at the base of Durango Mountain Resort lasts approximately one hour. Terrain is great for all ages with breathtaking views of Engineer Mountain. Visit our kennel and see the dogs, then hook them up and let them work. Two adults or 400 lbs. on each sled with a guide. Hot drinks and adventure for all. Advanced reservations suggested.
Tours can be booked right here…BOOK NOW:
Durango Mountain Resort information (800)525-0892 or call Durango Dog Ranch at (970)259-0694.
Latest news & reviews
- Denver Life Nov 2013
- Dallas Morning News features Durango Dog Ranch
- Perfect Powder: Dog Sledding in Colorado
- Perfect Powder: Durango Ski Resort & Steamworks Brewery
- Durango landmark
- Sunset Western Travel Guide
- Winter Getaways
- Sports Guide Magazine
- Sled Dog Central
- Durango Fishing Travel Network
- Durango B&B and Activity Association
- Durango Chamber of Commerce
- Durango Mountain Resort
by Dagny McKinley. Mention this book when you “book” a tour and get a complimentary autographed copy. The text explores life at a kennel and on the trail through sunny skies and winter blizzards. A guide to Colorado dog sledding operations can be found at the end of the book, giving readers a chance to explore the Colorado landscape at the speed of dog.